Partner / Executive Vice President
Jack Duran is Executive Vice-President at TurnerDuran Architects, having joined the firm in 2004 as Projects Director, a role he still fills. With almost 30 years of experience guiding the efforts of multi-disciplinary design teams on projects large and small, Jack oversees all aspects of project operations for the firm. In this capacity, he directs the project team’s delivery of services, from beginning to end, focusing staff and consultants alike on results for the client.
Jack brings design flair as well as attention to detail to each project. The result has been clients excited to occupy their projects, as well as design awards ranging from the Keep Houston Beautiful Award for the University of St. Thomas “Landmark” project, to the Texas LoneStar Award for the Members Choice Credit Union. Other recognition for the firm’s projects has come from architectural and industry associations, and recently completed projects have been featured on the covers of national magazines and journals.
An architecture graduate of Texas A&M University, Jack went on to earn his master’s degree at Ohio State University. Prior to joining the firm, Jack developed a breadth of expertise in projects of all sizes for private and public institutional clientele, particularly in Texas, Florida, and Ohio. His strong background in all project phases encompasses a variety of educational, religious, transportation, healthcare, and other “commercial” building types.
- Texas A&M University (Bachelor of Science in Environmental Design 1983)
- Ohio State University (Master of Architecture 1986)
- Registered Architect in Texas
- American Institute of Architects
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
Awards & Recognition:
- McGraw-Hill & Texas Construction: Award of Excellence
- National School Boards Association: National Conference Exhibition
- Keep Houston Beautiful Association: Keep Houston Beautiful Award
- Texas Construction Magazine: “Best of” Awards
- Texas Credit Union League: Texas LoneStar Award
- Wood Products Council of America: National Wood Design Award
- Brick Industry Association: National Brick in Architecture Gold Award
- Various other recognition
- Texas A&M University Alumni Association
- Ohio State University Alumni Association
- Council for Educational Facilities Planning International
- National Association of Church Facilities Managers