Turner Duran Architects, LP traces its origin to 1984, when Greg Turner left the world of corporate practice to found his own firm in Houston. At the beginning of 2010, Jack Duran ascended to the status of name partner in the firm. For over a quarter century, Turner Duran and its predecessors have seen consistent, manageable growth as the firm focused on projects for institutional and corporate clients. Today the firm still maintains its focus in these same areas, as well as on basic architectural services; moreover, the firm has grown to handle projects ranging from under one million dollars in construction cost into the tens of millions.
- 1984 - R.G. Turner Architects founded in Houston. Firm's offices are located in West Houston's "Energy Corridor."
- 1996 - Merger creates the firm of Turner and Bair Architects, LLP. Joining as principal of expanded firm is R. Stanley Bair, FAIA.
- 2001 - Company moves to its present location just off Interstate Highway 10, at 333 Cypress Run.
- 2002 - Mr. Bair announces retirement; firm is rechristened Turner Partners Architecture, LP.
- 2004 - SDT Architects becomes part of Turner Partners. Tom Stovall joins as principal.
- 2010 - Firm becomes Turner Duran Architects, LP upon ascension of Jack Duran, AIA, to name partner.
- 2014 - Turner Duran Architects, LP celebrates its thirtieth year of creating beautiful and functional spaces for worship, learning, and work.
R. Gregory Turner, AIA, LEED AP, MBA, APF
Partner / PresidentRead more
Jack A. Duran, AIA
Partner / Executive Vice PresidentRead more